The Online Therapeutic Relationship: Theoretical Considerations
Kate Anthony & DeeAnna Merz Nagel
5 clock hours of instruction
Online and self-paced
During this introductory course you will learn how online communication skills are put into the context of a therapeutic relationship. We shall be looking at the six main components that make up the therapeutic relationship when it takes place online.
- The Main Components of the Online Therapeutic Relationship
- A Model of the Online Therapeutic Relationship
- The Concept of Presence
- The Online Disinhibition Effect
- Written Communication Skills
- Opportunity and Anonymity
Participants will be able to name the six main components that make up the online therapeutic relationship.
Participants will be able to describe how the disinhibition effect impacts the therapeutic relationship.
Participants will understand the importance of client identity management with regard to anonymity.
How do I register for a course?
- Our courses are taught in a self-paced style utilizing a dynamic e-learning platform. Learning will take place via pdf documents and internet links, videos, power point and audio presentations.
- To find out more about the minimum browser and software requirements necessary click here.
- Once you have paid for your course we will register you and send your login information to you. This can take up to 2 business days following your purchase.
Continuing Education/Continuing Professional Development Click here for details.
If you are interested in a group training rate please email firstname.lastname@example.org.