Foundational Cyberculture Series
The Foundational Cyberculture Series focuses on the culture of cyberspace and how people, both lay and professional, interact online. You will learn about the basics of the internet, digital culture, e-activities and idisorders. You will learn the varying ways relationships are established online from written communication to virtual worlds. In addition, you will learn about the theoretical underpinnings of relationships when change agents are involved. Ethical and legal considerations for helping professionals and change agents will also be reviewed. Whether you are a coach, therapist, teacher, human resources professional or a person interested in learning more about cyberculture, this series is rich and varied and offers the foundation for working in and maneuvering cyberspace. Depending on your familiarity with technology and the Internet some information may not be new to you but even with information you know, you will be encouraged to consider these Internet basics in light of the overarching theme of cyberculture.
This Series offers these four modules:
- Introduction to Cyberspace
- Relationships in Cyberspace
- The Change Agent Relationship
- Ethical and Legal Considerations
The Foundational Cyberculture Series offers the foundation coursework for our Specialist Certificate in Cyberculture. This Series may also be taken as a stand-alone program. If you are sure you will be seeking a Specialist Certificate you will not need to register for this Series. You will register for your specific Specialist Certificate of interest. However, if you sign up for this Series and decide at a later date you want to seek a Specialist Certificate we can accommodate your request.
How do I register for the Foundational Cyberculture Series?
- Read the Application Preview.
- Choose your payment plan (payments are made in 1 time payment of 10 months consecutively and the course must be paid in full before the Certificates of Completion and Endorsement will be awarded)
- Once your payment is received you will be redirected to the application page and you will receive an email with the application link as well
- We will process your application and you will receive another email with your course login information