The Online Therapy Institute and Online Coach Institute offers training and consultancy to mental health practitioners, coaches and organizations worldwide who have an interest in using technology to deliver services.
- We offer experiential post-graduate online training courses designed to be applicable to an international audience of therapists, counsellors, supervisors, managers and other professionals in the field of mental health.
- We offer experiential certification and Specialist Certificates for Coaches and other professionals working the coaching and human resources fields.
- Our training ethos is that through experiencing a modelled relationship conducted online, you will begin a reflective journey that develops your own theoretical orientation and use of language through written exercises, online experiences and self-paced examination of your learning.
- We are committed to the ethical provision of online services for mental health and coaching, offering a provider directory of individuals and organizations who have become verified.
- We believe in collaboration internationally, creating a central platform of learning for the profession to develop and grow in line with the fast changing nature of how we are communicating in light of new technologies.
About the Co-Founders
Based on years of experience, writing, disseminating knowledge and teaching others,Kate Anthony and DeeAnna Merz Nagel offer training and verification services that equip practitioners with all they need to be an ethically practicing online service provider, no matter what field they are in or what qualifications they hold...
DeeAnna Merz Nagel, LMHC, BC-TMH, ACS, BCC is a psychotherapist, consultant, coach and international expert regarding online counseling and the impact of technology on mental health. She is co-founder of the Online Therapy Institute and Managing Co-Editor of TILT Magazine ~ Therapeutic Innovations in Light of Technology. She specializes in text-based counseling and supervision via chat and email. DeeAnna’s expertise extends to assisting individuals and families in understanding the impact of technology in their lives from normalizing the use of technology and social media to overcoming internet and cybersex addictions. Her presentations and publications include ethical considerations for the mental healh practitioner with regard to online counseling, social networking, mixed reality and virtual world environments.
She has co-authored/edited three text-books and written several book chapters and articles on topics related to technology and mental health. DeeAnna graduated from the University of Georgia with an M.Ed. in Rehabilitation Counseling and is licensed to practice in New Jersey, New York and Georgia. She is also a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and a Distance Credentialed Counselor and a Board Certified Coach. In addition to creating curricula for the Online Coach Institute she serves as faculty at the Institute for Life Coach Training.
For more detailed information about DeeAnna please visit Havana Wellness Studio. ..
Kate Anthony, DPsych, FBACP, is a leading expert on the use of technology in therapy. She qualified as a psychotherapist from the University of Greenwich, London, UK in 2001, with her MSc Thesis on The Nature of the Online Therapeutic Relationship. Kate has trained practitioners and organisations worldwide in online therapy for over ten years.
She is co-editor and co-author of three textbooks on the subject, as well as numerous articles, chapters and journals. She is a Fellow of BACP (awarded 2008) and Past-President and Fellow of ISMHO (awarded 2005). She is former Executive Specialist for Online Coaching for the BACP Coaching Division. She is co-founder of the Online Therapy Institute, and Managing Editor of TILT Magazine ~Therapeutic Innovations in Light of Technology. Kate’s doctorate was “Developing Counselling and Psychotherapy in the Age of Technology and the Internet” with Middlesex University/Metanoia Institute.
To learn more about Kate, please visit www.kateanthony.net