Online Therapy Institute has launched a new credential to meet the needs of telemental health supervisors across the globe. The Certified Clinical Cyber Supervisor credential prepares clinical supervisors for online supervision. During this pandemic most clinical supervision is already occuring online and many supervisors have expressed a desire for further studies and preparedness.
While we offer a 3-hour Introduction to Online Supervision short course to give practitioners a place to start with immediate tools, it is just what the title of the course suggests- an introduction.
This credentialed online supervision course is set up like many of our courses. Each student receives individualized feedback to lesson responses.
The Certified Clinical Cyber Supervisor course is self-paced and offers 35 clock hours of advanced readings on the following topics:
Areas of Study
- Conceptualizing Online Supervision: An Introduction
- Technology in Supervision: History and Overview
- Using Email to Enrich Clinical Supervision
- Using Chat/IM to Enrich Clinical Supervision
- Using Audio to Enrich Clinical Supervision
- Using Video to Enrich Clinical Supervision
- Groups, Forums and Peer Support
- Ethics in Cyber Supervision
- Applying Clinical Supervision Theories Online
- Endings in Online Clinical Supervision
Criteria for acceptance onto the course
- Contact information
- Proof of an advanced level post-graduate qualification in mental health (UK Diploma, Master’s Degree, Doctorate or State license number). Counseling students and those with non-post graduate qualifications are also accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Proof of training in online therapy (telemental health) that meets the standards set forth my your jurisdiction or professional organization (in the UK 80 hours) and without specific requirements, a minimum of 20 training hours.
- 45-hours of training in clinical supervision either from OTI or another vetted organization OR a recognized credential in clinical supervision. The 45 hours of training should follow the competencies that are included in the Specialist Certificate in Clinical Supervision.
- Membership of a recognized professional body with an ethics code or equivalent
- Professional Indemnity information (if you do not have Professional Indemnity/ Liability Insurance, you may still proceed).
For more information CLICK HERE.